Thank you to all who attended the NWA Haiti Relief meeting on Tuesday, May 26th. It was amazing to see all of those with a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of the people of Haiti.
A few things were clear…
- There are many relief efforts already underway by the incredible people of NW Arkansas.
- We all have a lot to learn.
- No one organization or group can do this alone, and there are many opportunities to increase the impact through collaboration and communication.
Thank you to Craig Miller of Thirst No More & Chris Marlow of Help End Local Poverty for sharing their plans for Haiti relief. For more information on both of these organizations, please visit their websites for periodic updates.
Other Local Organizations Efforts
We also learned a lot about some NW Arkansas residents who are making incredible investments in Haiti.
- Adam and Kara Cole are in the process of moving to Haiti, and you can learn more about their story and their mission at Living For a Cause.
- The Tugwell family has founded The Titus Task to help the orphans of Haiti, and they are also organizing short term trips to Haiti. Learn more by visiting their website TheTitusTask.com .
- Razorback Relief: Operation Haiti is an event starting at 7:00 pm on Friday, June 25th organized to raise awareness and pack 2.5 million meals that will be sent to Haiti. Visit their Facebook page for more info.
Where do we go from here?
Feedback from the meeting is still rolling in and plans are being made to have follow up conversations on
Wednesday, June 16th at 6:30 at the NorthStar Partnering Group building in Fayetteville
All are welcome and please come prepared to share…
- Current activities/trips planned by you or your organization.
- Ways you or your organization is available to help (people, coordination, financial, resources, etc.)
The evening will have a short recap of activities since the initial relief meeting & there will be opportunities for all to share & coordinate.
Contact In Email: haiti(@)cobblestoneproject.org
|Over the past few months many incredible people from NW Arkansas have been a part of Haiti relief efforts. It has been incredible to see the local response to the unimaginable needs in Haiti, but we know this community is incredible. Those efforts in Haiti are making an impact as they partner with some incredible organizations with operations on the ground in Haiti. The resolve of these organizations in the face of incredible difficulty is truly inspiring.
One thing is common to all the relief efforts in Haiti, they must be incredibly effective, effecient & sustainable.
It is with this goal that a collaboration of local churches (who are currently involved in different Haiti relief operations) and members of the Cobblestone Project are hosting a forum to discuss future opportunities to develop long-term sustainable relief for the people of Haiti.
Keypoint Church, First Baptist Church of Rogers, Fellowship Bible and the Cobblestone Project would like to invite you to attend a Haiti Relief Collaboration Meeting to share past succesess, discuss potential future opportunities and hear from the organizations who are directing the relief efforts on the ground in Haiti.
We are lucky to have Criag Miller of Thirst No More and Chris Marlow of Help End Local Poverty in NW Arkansas to be a part of this forum. Both organizations will have the opportunity to share their current work in Haiti, discuss collaborative relief opportunities and try to solidify future plans.
There are opportunities for medical personnel, construction workers, families, people who can love and care for the Orphan, serve meals, carry bags and play ball with the children.
We hope you can join the discussion about how NW Arkansas can serve the people of Haiti with the greatest impact.
And, if you’re curious just how incredible the people are who are moving these relief efforts foward are, here’s just one example…
More info available by contacting Jacob@CobblestoneProject.